Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Have I Done Any Good in the World Today?

Find friends in unexpected places is one of my favorite passtimes... Like when we went to China peak and Dev still wanted to skii and the girl sitting next to me shared her People magazines with me... or this last week when mom and I were at Disneyland and we became instant friends with the family behind us because I told them to use hand santizer to get the yucky feet smell out of their noses (they were mormon too)... Even if it was only for that brief moment... Instant friends...
(what I wore yesterday.. and couldn't get a good picture of. Pants and top: J Crew. Cardi: Express. Shoes: Rocketdog)

So today when I was doing my homework in the Library... I thought nothing of it when this girl sits down next to me... until she says "cute glasses!" my new-friend-radar was kinda going off already... but I didn't pay that much attention to her except to mumble thanks... I wasn't inclined to listen to my new-friend-radar while I am trying to do my homework thankyouverymuch...

That was until she asked me for help on her homework. My snotty little self wanted to say "can't you see that I'm doing my homework?" But as I finally looked up at this cuuute little girl next to me... my rushed attitude left. She was wearing Nicole Miller glasses... the ones that I LOVE...and we were almost wearing the exact same outfit (except she had RED lips! I WANT RED LIPS TOO!)  so I took the time, helped her with her homework, and still finished mine in a timely manner.
(me after the library today... not that you care but my cute friend and I had on almost identical outfits)

Had I kept my stupid my-homework-and-problems-are-more-important-than-yours I would have missed the talk of "cute jeans"... thanks!..."are they citizens?"... no these are sevens, I have a some citizens but my butt was feeling too big for those today... "you should try joe's jeans, they are great for big butts"... I know! I love joe's jeans!...

It was a good reminder to not be hasty, to help someone in need, and always be a friend to someone even if that person isn't your BEST friend.

I left the library thinking "Have I done any good in the world today"... Thanks cute girl in the library for reminding me to take a chill pill...

3 comments:

alicia said...

cute post :) made me smile, the thought of 'instant friends'.

Carolynn Cecilia said...

As someone whose blog is dedicated to trying to do a little good every day I totally applaud your good deed!

It's A Love Story said...

I love you wedding pixs!!

http://itzalovestory.blogspot.com/