Friday, August 26, 2011

My first DIY...


Welcome to the area (aka corner) that will become my sewing area (can you see it there... way in the back by the rug that Lucy chews up? yeah that's it). I know I know... its a CORNER...and its in the garage...  but its all I've got to work with. Before I decided to become "crafty" I filled the rest of my 2 story house with furniture from a store... who does that? Oh wait... I did. Dang. Now I am creating my "creative space" in the least inspiring spot in outside of our house. But check out this cute little desk I scored thrifting! ***GASP*** Yes I actually went into a thrift store... I didn't stay long. Desk=a $20 bill! I would say thats a score.

YES I still want to paint it pink... sue me. I have NEVER painted anything pink (shocker) and now is my chance.

I also have plans to change out the hardware. I have been drooling over anthropologie's knobs....

Who knows... maybe I will get to Home Depot and decide to paint my desk green... or yellow. But as of right now I have every intention of painting that sucker PINK.

Maybe when we move we will get rid of our 2 guest rooms and only have 1 we can have an office/creative space. 

But I can do it right? My mom and I already made these pillows and re-covered my desk chair... so... its possible that I can make this desk cute... right???

2 comments:

Shawna Lauringson said...

You can totally do it! I am working on fixing up my crafting space too, (but its for my letterpress) I love that you are doing this! I cant wait to see finished shot pictures!!! Pink will be awesome! And check out the sale section at Anthro, the knobs are always on sale and SUPER cute!!! Miss you

Shawna Lauringson said...

Why does it make certain words link?!?!?! Eh.