Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy (almost) Birthday To My Mom

I'm pretty sure that I will be too busy celebrating on her actual birthday (Saturday)

(my mom is a bad a.....)

Mom,
I am more like you than I want to admit sometimes... Sometimes I do something and I think "Oh my gosh I turned into my mother!" But I think that's alright with me. You are so talented (which is why you are so busy all the time) and kind. You never let me want for anything... ever. Even if it meant you working 2+ jobs as a single parent for most of my life. You taught me about fashion... even though I have now become the teacher (ha!). You taught me "its not a sin to be poor but its a sin to be dirty" and that " 'they say' is the biggest liar in the world". You taught me to work and the value of an education (THANK YOU FOR THAT). You taught me to have ambition.
(her b-day last year in Solvang)

Lucy also thinks you are a fantastic grandmother. She loves peanut time at your house and that you always give her treats.
(Lucy's first bath with grandma)

Thanks for always treating Devin like he really is a member of the family (even when he wasn't). And for keeping your opinions to yourself unless solicited. And for never saying anything negative. I appreciate that.
(At our reception)

I like that I can be honest with you and tell you like it is. Not many kids do that with their parents.
(Lush face masks)

Anyway Happy (early) Birthday... You already know we are going to Disneyland as your present :-) And I'm excited... Just be prepared to wear Minnie Mouse ears and maybe eat with a few princesses.
(teacups for my birthday)




1 comment:

Diane's Photography said...

Whitney, you are one in a million girlie girl :D and I think you Mom is awesome, I love her for her kindness and sincerity! Isn't it great to have a good Mom?!