Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Green Legs and Ham

I have this thing about ham.... I hate it. I can't stand it. When my mom busts out the ham for Christmas dinner--she knows to have turkey for me. Want to know whats ironic about that? I LOVE BACON.

I can't help it. Its so delicious. Its magical. It makes (almost) anything taste better. I am a bacon snob though. I only like EXTRA CRISPY bacon. But guess what bacon can't make better? Green beans.

I despise green beans. My mom used to make me sit at the table until I ate 7 green beans and I would end up sort of swallowing those suckers like pills. Nope-not even magical bacon can make those yucky things taste better for me.

The holiday's (yes I am already planning for them thankyouverymuch) are a crazy food fest at my house because I am such a picky eater (so there has to be 2 versions of almost everything). I blame it on what my mom ate when she was pregnant. I swear she never ate green beans, or ham, or WATERMELON (or any kind of melon) for that matter when she was pregnant and thus my distaste for these things developed. She, however, just says I'm picky. Meh- I still like my theory better.

Shoes: Nordy's. Pants: JCP. Top: Marshalls. Jacket: J Crew. Glasses: Nicole Miller





6 comments:

Candace Stevenson said...

haha oh my adorable. you're so cute! and I LOVE your header :)

Lovely Little Rants

Kyrie said...

your theory could actually be right! there is recent research saying that what a mother eats during pregnancy determines what we find appealing when make food choices. it's really interesting!

Job and Rachael said...

haha this is too cute :) It is fun to learn little quirks and funny things about bloggers. And great trousers! Love.

Eva said...

I'm not a fan of ham or watermelon either. Green beans I can live with.

lori said...

i am the same way- hate ham! love that j.crew blazer!

Christina Marie said...

lol, you took that title and ran with it! love it:)