Friday, August 5, 2011

Get Fit Or Get Out: INSANITY Product Review

Alright you guys so before I head off to Yosemite I thought I had better do this before I forget...

So for those of you who don't know Insanity is a 60 day total body workout (find out more about it HERE).

You start off by doing a "fit test" just to see where you are at physically and you repeat the fit test 4 times to track your progress. Here is my progess just so you can see how much better I got (overall)!

Spiders
50
67
73
80
Switch kicks
79
136
133
138
Power Jacks
38
47
53
57
Power knee
77
100
90
99
Power jumps
25
40
45
51
Box jumps
10
12
12
12
Suicide jumps
17
22
23
24
Pushup jacks
18
22
22
28


The first WEEK I thought I was going to DIE. I mean... I work out... a lot (I thought) but I was soo sore! So you are supposed to workout Monday- Saturday and the first month the max time you put in is around 42 minutes. When you get to the second month the max time is 59 minutes. But honestly there were days where I was just not motivated to put that full amount of time in OR to have Shaun T yell at me to "DIG DEEPER!" so instead I would do a Jillian DVD or my FIRM workouts (that only happened a few times though). These are BY FAR the hardest workouts I have ever done! If any of you have ever worked out with me... you KNOW it takes A LOT for me to actually sweat. Well as gross as it is I was drippin' with everyone of these bad boys. The second month is way crazier than the first and the workouts are all way longer. Overall I am WAY happy that I did these. I lost an entire dress/pant size (which is huge for me) and my overall muscle tone has improved SIGNIFICANTLY. I love these workouts so much I am starting all over again in Monday :-) But I will probably incorporation more weight training too (because my body needs it)

Oh and it acutally takes you 63 days to do the entire thing (in sequence) because in between Month 1 and Month 2 there is a recovery week.

I would show before and after pictures but who knows what kind of creepers there are out there... but TRUST me when I tell you my abs and legs and... ME... have never looked better...

4 comments:

Shawna Lauringson said...

Sooo this is why you looked SO good yesterday!! I ws going to make a comment about yuo losing weight but I always feel like thats a little awkward to do... (just because I think you look great either way!)
I want to do this! Is it a DVD set?? I figure we can talk about it Tuesday! Have fun in Yosemite!!

Eva said...

I've been hearing about this workout lately. I would try it if I wasn't so horribly out of shape. I pretty much never work out :/
Maybe I will start with Jillian and work my way to this!

AJD ∞ said...

I'm so impressed with people that are willing to do Insanity! Good for you! The whole process intimidates me, but I REALLY want to get in shape before my hubs gets home... I might have to seek out a class!

Cait said...

omg what a fab. blog first off- def just came across it and going to be a new follower! i heard about insanity and have heard GREAT things about it! xo