Friday, August 12, 2011

Expressions of Love


A lot of things spurred my thoughts this week of how people express love
#1 Ashely from The Shine Project challenged her followers to leave a nice note on a mirror in hopes of brightening someones day
#2 I spoke with my friend Shawna about The Shine Project and she told me about this book called The 5 Languages of Love
#3 My own need to go through all of our stuff from when we were dating/engaged just to reminisce.

So I did the mirror note (in our own bathroom... husband's need reminders too!)

Looked in to buying the book on Amazon
And went through all of our love notes... and I found my favorite expression of love from Devin (so far)
This is how he proposed to me. He took me to the beach and produced this jar that was filled with things he loved about me.
I was so touched it was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for me! But when I got to the end... there was one last piece stuck to the bottom "I wanted that one to be last" husband said.
And I said yes.

Ashley I have many more notes ready to post next week! I think I am going to throw some in my purse from now on too! :-)
 

7 comments:

Bay Park Dream said...

So cute :)
and what a sweet and romantic proposal!

Cute blog too.. I just followed you :)

~Tammy
www.bayparkdream.blogspot.com

Ana from Sweet Serendipity said...

So dang cute! I have been meaning to buy that book also. My friend read it, and love it!!

Shawna Lauringson said...

You can totally borrow the book! As soon as I unpack it that is...

Shawna Lauringson said...

And PS I have no idea why it linked that word borrow....

Heather said...

How sweet!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting today!

lori said...

what a sweet proposal!! love that.

Christina Marie said...

that 5 love languages book is the bomb... i went on a frenzy before marriage and bought tons of books like it but this was def my fave... ull def like it!
ps: such a sweet proposal!