Monday, July 25, 2011

Grilled Chicken Parmesan

Well friends- I had a request for more healthy recipes! Wish granted! Also, would anyone be interested in seeing/reading about my monthly meal planning? What I plan on making and grocery lists? Let me know because its almost time for my monthly trip!!!

Grilled Cicken Parmesan

You'll need:
4 (4 oz) chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
Olive oil (I used a sprayer but DON'T use one that has propellant! We have one you can refill)
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup Marinara sauce, or other low-fat, low-sodium, low-sugar sauce
6 tbsp low-fat mozzarella
2 tsp reduced fat parmesan cheese

How to make it:
Preheat oven to 350. Preheat a grill to high heat (I used a George Forman). Light mist both sides of the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken for 3-5 minutes per side or until it is no longer pink inside. Transfer to a baking dish (I lined my dish with reynolds wrap... easy clean up!) Heat the sauce on low in the microwave until warm (I did about 2 minutes) Top each breast with 2 tbsp marinara sauce, followed by 1 1/2 tbsp mozzarella and 1/2 tsp parmesan. Bake the chicken for 3-5 minutes in the over, just enough to melt the cheese. Makes 4 servings.

(this was before I stuck it in the oven, we were hungry so I have no "finished product" pictures)

The damage (per seving):
169 calories, 29g protein, 5g carbs, 3g fat (less than 1 g saturated) 70 mg cholesterol, 1g fiber, 210 mg sodium.

This dish was SO QUICK and easy to do... and did I mention delicious? Husband was a fan... you KNOW its good when that man goes back for seconds.

3 comments:

Kristie Was Here said...

Let me preface this by saying this has nothing to do with chicken parmesan (although that IS one of my fave dishes) ;)

I just wanted to say a little thank you for stopping by The Shine Project and leaving me some love. I was going to send you an email but after reading your "Violation of Privacy" I understand why I can't find it. TOTALLY understandable.

Happy Tuesday, girl!
xoxo,
K

Michelle Starrs said...

Yum! Looks delish... I'm mostly impressed with the fact that you make MONTHLY shopping trips. How do you manage that? I feel like I'm at the store at least twice a week. Mostly the result of poor planning!

Danielle Abeyta said...

Yay! Thanks for granting my wish Whitney! Shawn has been doing much better this week. He has only been to the grocery store once this week... Well since we got back into town on Thursday! He went from going everyday and now its almost been a week! Thank goodness I knocked some sense into him!