Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The 2 best decisions I EVER made

#1 To marry Devin
#2 To change my major.... and are sort of connected

Yup... before I met hubby my major was elementary ed. Now that I think about THAT its just laughable. BUT at the time I thought it was a smart choice. I chose it because I HAD to choose something and it seemed like a good fit. In 2008 I had 2 semesters left at BYU-I and then student teaching and then I was D.O.N.E. I would have graduated exactly 4 years after I left high school.

THEN I came home from school on a break, met Dev, and never went back. I have never regretted that decision once. One of my horribly rude (and MEAN) roommates started this rumor that I got KICKED OUT of BYU-I which did not happen my friends... It was MY choice not to go back- I wasn't unworthy to be there, I wasn't immoral or anything of the sort- I chose not to go back. (so stick that one in your back pocket meanie ex-roommate)

I looked in to finishing up school in Cali in elem. ed but for some reason it just didn't feel like the right choice. Devin and I looked in to several schools and at several options until we found.... TUI. An online school for military members (and fam) that had a Health Science degree. DING DING DING. I was S.O.L.D friends. And THATS why it took me an extra year + to finish- because I completely changed what I wanted to do and I have never been happier!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Good for you to take the time off and figure out exactly what you want to do - brave!!

Michelle Starrs said...

Awesome job btw on graduating! I wonder if the online school would be an option for me? Joey's in the reserves. I'm going to look in to it :)

Danielle Abeyta said...

We have more in common than I thought! I had original went to school for early childhood development and then around the same time as you I changed my mayor to Culinology (Food Science). Oh and I used to love shoes just as much as you... But I kinda lost my passion for shopping when I broke up with that jerk 3 years ago.. I'm happy to say it is slowly coming back!