Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Biggest Loser Bon-Bon Chicken

Gosh this recipe was YUMMY!!! Honestly I HATE cucumbers but I would TOTALLY eat them again with this recipe. Hubby and I ate it right after our Isanity workout an dlet me tell you it HIT the spot. Perfect for a hot summer evening... even though tonight was cold ;-)

You'll need:
-2 cups all-natural low-sodium chicken broth
-1/2 pound trimmed boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1/2 medium cucumber, seeded and cut into very thin strips about 2'' long
-1 whole scallion, trimmed and minced
-1/2 tsp toastd sesame seeds

Sauce:
-1 tbsp all-naural lower-sodium soy sauce
-2 tsp coconut sugar (I got this at New Frontiers)
-1/2 tsp chili-infused extra-virgin olive oil
-1/2 salt-free Szechwan seasoning (I used the one from the Spice Hunter and its the same one they use in the book I got it from New Frontiers)
-1 1/2 tbsp all-natural creamy peanut butter (I used skippy natural)
-1 tbsp rice vinegar

How to make the chicken:
-Ok so the biggest loser cookbook suggests boiling the chicken in the chicken broth for 6-8 minutes (or poaching as they call it) draining the liquid and refrigerateing it and then shredding it. I put my chicken in the crockpot with the chicken broth and 1 cup water- set it on low, shredded the chicken and put it in the fridge while we worked out and I think it was MUCH easier.

How to make the sauce:
-In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce and sugar. Add the oil and seasoning and mix until well combined. Whisk in the peanut butter until smooth. Whisk in the vinegar until smooth. (The whisking is SUPER important don't skip!) You can refrigerate for up to 5 days.

After that:
-Mound the chicken shreds in the center and sprinkle the cucumber evenly around the chicken. Pour the sauce over chicken. Top with scallions and sesame seeds.

(I really must be excused for my crazy workout hair and... well... forgive me but this was POST Insanity workout...)

Dish damage: 254 calories, 31 g protein, 10 g carbs (5 g sugar), 9 g fat, 1 g saturated, 66 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 338 mg sodium

Sauce damage: 109 calories, 3 g protein, 8 g carbs (4g sugar), 7 g saturated, 0 cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 256 mg sodium.



Serioulsy... make this dish... it was bomb. Thanks Biggest Loser. Love you even more.

No comments: