Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Today I am grateful

Today I have nothing funny, clever, or witty to say. I am simply grateful. Today I had rude patients, drove way more than I ever wanted to in our little town, and spent way more on gas in a single go then I ever have. My life- is crazy. I think life in general is crazy no? I love little moments that make you stop and re-evaluate yourself- how you are feeling, what you are doing (and WHY), and your attitude. I had a BAD attitude this evening... and then... one of those moments came along. It came from Stephanie at nie nie dialogues. For those of you who haven't heard of Stephanie Nielson, she was in a near fatal plane crash a few years back. 80% of her body is burnt. I read her blog. Its about her life... and today... something she said changed my day.....

"If you are lonely or have self-doubt about your roll in life, Take a walk, or a hike, or a run. You will change your mind about it. I promise. While you are at it, think about your body {in whatever condition it is in} and realize how lucky you are that you have it, and can enjoy this mortal experience."

I am so lucky that I am NOT lonely. I have a loving family and the most fantastic husband EVER (seriously). I am a wife, a teacher, a daughter, a friend. THOSE are my rolls in life right now. And I need to be doing better in all those categories.  And... I have a body. I have a body that functions properfly. I have a body that doesn't hurt or sting when I go outside in the cold like Stephanie's does. My body can run. Can yours? I think there are things that we can all be grateful for today. Today I am grateful for my roll in life, for my family, for my amazing husband who loves me, and for my body and mind and that I can use them.

No comments: