Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 pack

You asked for it!!! So here it is...

My 6 week 6 pack product review. I will NOT be posting before and after photos because of the creeper/privacy issues I have been having BUT none-the-less I will give my opinion :-)

Time commitment: 30 mintues, 5 days a week.
Levels: 1 & 2 with beginner and avdanced modifications.
Items needed: Mat, weight (3-5 lbs)

Let me just start off by saying I LOVE Jillians Michaels. I not-so-secretly want to be  like her. This workout, although only 30 minutes a day, is HARD.

You start out with level 1 for 3 weeks. Its ALL circuit training. You go through each exercise twice. Level 1 is mostly strength training exercises (mostly MAT work) with a little bit of cardio mixed in.

Level 2 it LOTS of "shredding" exercises... twists, planks and things like that. I think you get on our mat a whopping 2 times the whole workout. So its a lot of standing ab exercises. And its A LOT harder than level 1.

Overall I really enjoyed doing this workout. I usually fit Jillian in in the morning before work or after I got home. ALSO Jillian was mostly my 2nd workout of the day. I did her workout 3-4 times a week (which obviously wasn't what was recommended) but I worked out 4-5 times a week in addition to her workouts... It was basically an addition to my normal routine in order to tone up before Hawaii.

I would count this as a successful purchase because husband said, "You've never looked better!" Well worth the money for that nice little compliment ;-)

My stats-
Weight gained: None
Weight loss: 2 lbs
Weeks doing the workout: 6
Overall tone: Improved
Nutrition: Increased protein intake (holiday's were detrimental to this)
Dress size: Solid 4. Although last time I went to JCrew (2 weeks ago) I fit in to a size 2!?!??!?

No comments: