Thursday, March 17, 2011

White Chili

This recipe is for my mother-in-law and my sisters.

1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
1 medium onion chopped (I use red)
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp vegetable oil (I use EVOO)
2 - 15 oz cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained (you can also use white beans)
1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
2 - 4 oz cans chopped green chilies
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp pepper (fresh ground is best)
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream (8 oz)
1/2 cup whipping cream

In a large sauce pan saute chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil until chilcken is no longer pink. Add beans, chilies, and seasonings. Bril to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cream and sour cream just before serving...


MMMMMM MMMMM! Its SOOO good. I usually make a side of corn bread. I made this on Sunday and I forgot to take pics. Sorry. Trust me though its amazing!

1 comment:

Mom said...

It is wonderfully yummy!