Saturday, February 19, 2011

The little red dress

How cute is this picture?
Seriously he is so darn cute all of he time but last night he was workin' it ;-)

Last night we went to "Team Vandenberg Annual Awards", that is what it is officially called. Devin won Comany Grade Officer (CGO) of the Year for his group and was nominated for CGO of the Year for the whole base! Which meant that I got to get all dressed up :-)

Ta da!!!

Trying NOT to trip on the stairs

I like this angle you can see the SHOES!

My mom liked this angle becauseyou can see Dev's medals... and Lucy's toy

I did learn a few things last night.
1. Sometimes in the Air Force you do things that don't make any sense. For example, we waited in 2 lines for over an hour and a half just to be introduced at the medal ceramony AND at the dinner. I told Dev it was kinda like waiting in line at Disney to meet the princesses except at the end of this line you take a picture with the base cammander.
2. Hubby looks great in a bow tie!
3. I should not leave my camera in my jacket that I checked at the door.
4. Never wear 5 inch heels for more than 4 hours.

And my most embarrassing moment of the night is when everyone got up to sing the air force song... and I realized didn't know it! So I left to get our jackets hahaha

I also learned what this thing is...
It is a shoe buffer.

Can you tell I go to base often?

There were a few sobering moments of the night. There was an empty table in the dining hall to represent those who didn't make it home to their families. I was in tears as the room was silent in their remeberance and in rememberance of those who were wounded in battle who were present at the dinner. Everytime I go on base it makes me so thankful for our military and I am proud to be an Air Force wife.

Obviously ;-)

4 comments:

Ramsey said...

Oh my goodness! You guys are just too completely adorable! How gorgeous are you!

Whitney & Devin said...

Thank you! You are so sweet!

Kyrie said...

that dress is so great! i wish more companies did vintage silhouettes. so much more flattering than some of the other things out there. :) looks like a fun evening!

Diane's Photography said...

A handsome couple you are Dev and Whit! I love the tenderness you share with us and your experiences with the Air Force! thanks for that!
love ya