Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ratatouille

"It sounds like rat patutie!" If you have never seen this Disney film shame on you! Its one of my favorites! In fact Devin calls me "little chef" :-) But last night my hubs made me Grilled Ratatouille Salad (with grilled chicken) from our Cook This! Not That! book. Yesterday I stayed in San Luis longer to go to a body sculpting class with my friend Brandee. And when I got home my hubs had this all ready for me! I think I will keep him ;-)

You'll need
1 large red onion cute into 1/4'' slices
1 red bell pepper, quatered (seeded and stems removed)
1 medium eggplant (honestly I did not enjoy the eggplant next time its a no go)
1 large portobello mushroom cap cut 1/4'' thick slices
1 large succhini 1/4'' slices
2 medium yellow squash 1/4'' planks (we only used one)
12-16 asparagus stalks, woody ends removed
4 tbsp oliveoil
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp pesto
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp pine nuts toasted (we did without these)
1/4 cup grated parmesan

How to make it:
- Preheat grill. Toss the veggies with 2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through and lightly charred removing each veggie when it reaches this stage. Some veggies take longer than others (like the asparagus and squash)
-Combine pesto and vinegar in a small bowl and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Cut the red pepper into thing slices and toss all veggies with vinaigrette and parmesan.

It was sooo good! Just what I needed after a double workout day. Devin also grilled up some chicken and added that to the salad to give us some protein.




No comments: