Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cook THIS not THAT

The Borders in Santa Barbara is going out of business. I got the Cook This! Not That! book for a steal. I always skim through those books and I find them so interesting! It amazes me the amount of calories you can save by making a few adjustments. One of my goals this next year is going to be to post more (ha ha) and among the list of things I want to talk/post about it healthy eating! So I have decided to post about the Cook This Not That recipes. All recipes are 350 calories of under! Hopefully my 5 followers will find them helpful ;-) Today I make the oatmeal with peanut butter and banana. (Hey give me a break it was 6 in the morning he he). The recipe in the book makes 4 servings so I altered it for just one serving. Also I like to change up recipe's to make them my own so I will give you my version and the book's.

My Recipe
 1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup rolled oats
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 banana, sliced
1 tsp honey

Their Recipe
4 1/2 cup water
2 cups rolled oats
Pinch of Salt
2 bananas, sliced
2 tbsp of peanut butter
1/4 cup chopped almonds
2 tbsp agave syrup





Basically all you need to do is boil the water, add the oats, cook them for 5 minutes, then add the other junk! Honestly it was the perfect way to start the day today! Sometimes you just need a meal that will stick to your bones! Calorie count for the book's version 320, 1 g saturated fat... and the kicker here is the 17 grams of sugar. But atleast the sugar is natural! :-)

No comments: