Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes!

Pancakes are a weekend breakfast staple around the Zufelt home. And I have a confesson: I really don't like plain pancakes. I can't STAND them! I HAVE to have "fancy" pancakes if you will. I usually make chocolatechip pancakes or blueberry pancakes and I have even make pumpkin pancakes! So last night when we were at Wally world (aka Walmart gross I know but Target is even worse right now) I saw a NEW cook this not that book! Needless to say I had to buy it (because I was HUNGRY!) and the first thing that caught my eye? Blueberry Pancakes of course! So we rushed home and made them right away!

You'll need:
2 cups frozen wild blueberries
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt (We used Fage 0%)
3 eggs
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese or ricotta (we used ricotta)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup flour (we used whole wheat)
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt

How to make it:
-Mix the blueberries, water, and sugar in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes of until the blueberries begin to break apart.
-Whisk together the yogurt, cheese, eggs, and lemon juice in a bowl.
-Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl and add the flour to the yogurt mixture and stir until blended
-Heat a large skillet over medium-low and coat with nonstick spray (we used olive oil). Add batter in large spoonfuls (about 1/4 cup). Flip the pancakes over when the tops begin to bubble (about 3-5 minutes) and cook the second side until browned.
-Serve with warm blueberries!

These are now Devin's favorite pancakes! They were moist and fabulous! Honestly I am a pancake SNOB and I am IN LOVE with these!!!



Love at first sight ;-)

Sorry about this pic. I think I was talking... or concentrating...?

Look at that happy husband! He even went back for seconds :-D Success!

Oooh I almost forgot! Damage: 310 calories, 8 g fat (3.5 g saturated), 500 mg sodium


2 comments:

Leticia Marisela Rivas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leticia Marisela Rivas said...

They look so yummy!!! I'm definitely going to have to make these. Great recipe Whit and Devin!