Monday, May 17, 2010

All I seem to be hearing lately is...

"I'm pregnant!" From lots of people I know. Don't get me wrong I am super happy for these people who decided to create a new life and add something special to their life. I used to be one of these people who wanted children and babies around. I used to even want 6 kids! (Don't tell Devin that!) And I have always found something so beautiful and devine about creating a new life with the person you love most in the whole world in conjunction with God and I still feel this way. Lately though I have just become more and more and MORE resistant to the idea of having children. Maybe its because "everyone" is doing it (no pun intended). Maybe its because Devin and I are constantly asked WHEN we are having children. Maybe its because of my job and I know that there are so many things that can go wrong with children. Maybe its because I have lost almost 20 lbs since meeting Devin and I am in NO hurry to gain that weight back OR have a stomach that looks like an alien growin inside it. I know I have posted about this before but I think that my resistance just means that we are really really really not ready to become parents anytime soon. I know eventually one day we will bring a baby home but that day is not TODAY.

1 comment:

*Hansen's* said...

Oh No! You spoke the words... I know so many people that weren't planning on it and were so "anti-baby" a few months later they found out they are pregnant. lol I hope that's not the case with you and it will happen with you are ready!!! :)