Friday, January 15, 2010

A brand new year

So with this new year I have of course come up with resolutions. But for me atleast my were directed to what I want to get DONE this year and not just hopefull wishes of losing weight. Most people want to eat healthier or give up chocolate or something like that. Lately Devin and I have been getting questions from our friends and family as to when we will have kids. I mean... we have only been married a year! Slow down! I want us to enjoy our time together being a couple and being young before we add another member to our family. So here are some of our goals for this year.

1. Finish school! I am getting my bachelor's degree in Health Science. It is taking me a little bit longer t finish because I switched majors. My old major was Elementary Ed. Then I worked at a pre-school and I realized that that is NOT what I want to do for the REST of my life! I have ALWAYS wanted to be a doctor. So I am supposed to graduate around August from Touro University (depending on how many classes I take each semester) with a Bachelor's degree and a certificate in Nutrition.

2. Do WELL in school! Devin finished his master's degree a few months back and now he is taking classes for his 2nd master's degree! He is so smart! He is my rocket scientist :-) We always joke that I should become a brain surgery so that when we have kids and they tell us that things are too hard we can say "well its not rocket science" or "its not brain surgery" hehehe while Devin IS a rocket scientist I don't want to be a brain surgeon because they look and feel gross...

3. Workout ATLEAST 3 times a week! I know I know... something thats easy to break but I did it last year and I know I can do it this year too! Usually I workout about 5 times a week but I set the goal at 3 because I left a little cushion for vacations and stuff.

4. Read our scriptures and pray together everyday! We did okay on this last year but we decided that we need to be better at it. We also want to read together the Book of Mormon from cover to cover this year.

5. Do more things outside! I think we have just been so couped up in our house lately painting and moving stuff in and fixing it up the way we want that we miss doing things outside! Even if its just a walk. We really want to go hiking more and camping. We plan on going and doing Half Dome in August! And Devin has vowed to teach me how to rock climb!!!!

When Devin and I were driving back home after Christmas we set our goals and talked about our future plans. With all of the baby questions we sort of decided when we would want to start a family... but aren't telling! Then we decided on some things that we/I want to do before we start having kids.

1. Sky Dive! I soooooo want to do this before we have kids! I am scared to do it but thats what makes it FUN! Devin has done it before so its not new for him...  wanted to do it for my birthday but we will be in Hawaii... maybe I will do it there. Hopefully I won't chicken out hahaha

2. Learn guitar! I have wanted to learn the guitar for forever! Devin and I decided that once our schedules have settled down that we will take guitar together.

3. Travel! Okay this might seem like a selfish thing to want before we have kids but honestly I don't know how much traveling we will be able to do once we have kids. We don't want to necessarily travel the world but there are places that we want to go! Here is what is on our list.

Hawaii- we are going at the end of February/first of March
Seattle- Devin's sister lives there and we want to visit her
San Francisco- I have only been there once! We plan on going for Dev's birthday
North Carolina- The majority of my family lives there and its hard to see them alot
New York- Devin served his mission there and I want to go see the CITY!
Italy- I REALLY want to go to Italy. Devin says we can by way of Germany :-)
Europe- I want to atleast go to London and Paris. Maybe for graduation? hehe
Japan- I don't really have a burning desire to go here but Dev thinks it would be cool to go
Tahoe- We are going in a few weeks!!!
Yosemite- August!

I don't think thats TOO long of a list. Some of those are MUST HAVES and other are it would be nice to go. In the mean time Devin and I are just working and doing classes and working on our cute little house :-) I am so thankful for all that we have and that I have a fantastic husband who supports me and loves me no matter what! My mom used to ask me if I would be happy being poor and not having everything I want and I would always tell her that I would always have everything I need. And its so true! My needs are always met. I have the best husband ever, I have a good job, and a beautiful home.

No comments: